Sunday, April 17, 2011

Art of Dedication?

      I know that starting something out with a disclaimer is like writers bad luck but I feel it appropriate due to the nature of this blog.
      I don't do this... Internet stuff I mean. I don't do the face book thing and I don't like to follow my friends and relatives every little moves in life. I don't care when so and so's baby makes a cute face on some special or otherwise silly day and I don't find a need in my life to hold on to fly by friends. This blog is not an anthem to the needy, nor is it my attempt to secretly make public my venting and raving of the injustices of the world.
      I am writing this blog because every once in a while a piece of information enters my head and I feel a need to put it on some form of medium. I have always loved to write and I guess in some ways it's my form of art; though that particular word tends to annoy me. I think it's because the word "Art" is used by many people as a phrase of justification. So if you throw paint at a canvas in a drunken rage then perhaps you can feel justified in your actions leading to the actual "Art" because in the end you made something more or less beautiful.
      You can comment on any post of mine and say what ever you like. Nothing I say is gospel, nothing I say is a direct message from the greater powers of the universe. If you like what I say then that's great. If you don't that's great. I don't really have an opinion on your opinion but you are free to have one of mine.
      I can't guarantee that all my blogs will be serious and I'm not going to only post silly fluff. I'm going to post those little scraps of mental paper that get stuck to the windshield of my mind on a rainy day and can't seem to come off when I turn on those pensive mental wipers.
     I hope you enjoy at least some of what is floating around in my brain. If you find something in my writing that corresponds with you or your life style; just know I may not really be writing about you and if I am try not to take it personal.
    Oh and the reason I named my blog what I named it is because I think about dedication a lot and how to dedicate myself better to the important things of life. I am not perfect or even close to true dedication but i believe some day I will become truly dedicated. So here is to the elusive Art of Dedication.