Sunday, October 16, 2011

Top 10 Movies of All Time

     I would first like to preface this by saying that this is my list of top ten and I know that you will have a totally different opinion than I but I wonder who out there will have a similar view. I chose these movies based on the wow factor that they gave me and I also have a very great love of things that make me rethink my thoughts like "Inception" and "The Others" twists are cool and so are things like "Braveheart" and "The Last Samurai" where it makes you feel like you could stand up to a corrupt system and fight for freedom.

1.Inception: My Favorite movie to date is "Inception" Awesome idea, well directed; with that "Wow" factor in visual artistry.

2. Batman: The Dark Knight. A movie that really puts some edge into the otherwise cheesy superhero genre with a few emotional highs and lows and some good acting as well as one of the best villains of all time.

3. Batman Begins: A movie that I think raised the bar in action sci-fi forever. The film was well written well directed and made the super normal seem plausible.

4. The Village: M. Night has since fallen off the wagon of good directors but this movie touched me deeply, portraying a fantastical metaphor of innocence and true chaste love.

5. The Last Samurai: Anyone that saw this movie had to be moved by the way that the Samurai were portrayed had be be engrossed in the story of courage and honor. It had some sweet battle scenes as well.

6. The Lord of the Rings: As a trilogy and as a work of art nothing has come close to comparing to the "Epicness" of these films. No detail went to the wargs no line was left un-perfected. A modern masterpiece.

7. Tron: I know that this movie never really got to the top of the ratings charts but I think that it was visually stunning, morally clean, cleverly executed and above all very fun to watch.

8. The Others: Maybe you all saw the twist coming but this was one of the only movies in the history of my life that truly made me blink in momentary confusion and delight. Super plot point.

9. Braveheart: Being almost full blooded Scottish myself down to my bagpipes i actually play and my kilt i actually wear this movie got me to a level of Scottish pride I'll never forget. It also has several online awards for greatest battle scene in cinema.

10. Final Fantasy the Spirits Within: This movie came out when the art of computer animation was still in it's adolescence yet it made us all take a good step back and realize just how cool things could be on a screen.

As honorable mention I'm also going to have to put Avatar down. The first movie I ever "experienced" in a theater instead of just watched. Super cool.

These are my top ten hope you have a few favorite out of the mix.